Halloween doesn’t have to be all about the treats, we can be festive while still eating our veggies – Try these Halloween Stuffed Peppers!
- 4 bell peppers
- 1/2 cup quinoa
- 1 can black beans, drained
- 1 can diced tomatoes
- Salt and pepper, to taste
- Preheat the oven to 300˚F.
- Hollow out the bell peppers by cutting off the tops and removing the seeds, then rinse. For a festive jack-o’-lantern look, cut out triangles as eyes and a mouth with teeth.
- Cook the quinoa according to the package instructions.
- Place the bell peppers on a baking sheet and bake for 5 minutes to soften.
- Place the cooked quinoa in a large pot over low heat. Add the black beans and diced tomatoes, then season with salt and pepper. Continue to heat, stirring occasionally, until any liquid has evaporated.
- Spoon the mixture into the hollowed-out bell peppers, filling to the top.
- Bake for 20 to 30 minutes, or until the bell peppers are soft but the filling isn’t too dry.
Makes 4 servings